Sunday, September 27, 2009

Carolina Hash!

December 8, 2001- Saturday- Day 43
12:00pm- I walked by the dumpster yesterday, and a fellow was there picking up stuff, that was sitting out. I said hello and we got to talking. He and his wife take in all the animals that are injured or homeless and he gets food from a few stores around town. He said the stores put outdated stuff out for him. I didn't mention the steaks that were more than likely left for him. He said it was really something what I was doing, and said I should get a sponser like PETA or ASPCA and maybe they would help me along my path. I'll check into that if I get by a library. Maybe when I get to Columbia, that's a real city. He also handed me $5.00. We left for the wilderness early this morning and hit the road to who knows where, again.
6:00pm- We were just about o the Whitmire town limits when I came across a party of loud music. Someone started hollering at me to come here. This was not looking good, so far! All of these people are black, uh-oh. I can't let them think I'm scared so I walked on up, right into the middle of 30 black people. Turned out to be the greatest bunch of black people I have ever run into. They were having a Carolina Hash get-together. I highly recommend Carolina Hash for anyone that hasn't tried it, delicious! They fed Skil's and took up a collection for me- $16.00. Super people outside of Florida. We set up the tent in Whitmire behind a Lil' Crickett store. We have to move early in the morning, due to the open area we're in.

No comments: